About the Authors
William J. Stuntz
B.A., College of William and Mary, History and English, 1980
J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1984
- Stuntz, William J. & Joseph L. Hoffmann. Defining Crime (Aspen Publishing).
- Stuntz, William J., Daniel C. Richman & Kate Stith. Federal Criminal Law (Aspen Publishers, 2011).
- Stuntz, William J. Fighting Crime: Race, Crime, and Democracy in America (Harvard University Press).
- Allen, Ronald J., Joseph L. Hoffmann, Livingston Debra & William J. Stuntz. 2009 Supplement, ,Comprehensive Criminal Procedure, 2d ed (Aspen Publishers 2009 ed.).
- Allen, Ronald J., Joseph L. Hoffmann, Debra A. Livingston & William J. Stuntz. Comprehensive Criminal Procedure (Aspen Publishers 2nd ed. 2005).
- Allen, Ronald J., Joseph L. Hoffman, Debra Livingston & William J. Stuntz. Criminal Procedure: Investigation and the Right to Counsel (Aspen Publishers 2005).(derived from Comprehensive Criminal Procedure)
- Stuntz, William J., Ronald J. Allen, Joseph L. Hoffman & Debra A. Livingston. 2004 Supplement to Comprehensive Criminal Procedure (Aspen Business & Law 2004). (Annual Supplements in 2001, 2002 and 2003)
- Stuntz, William J., Ronald J. Allen & Richard B. Kuhns. 2000 Supplement to Constitutional Criminal Procedure (Little, Brown & Co. 2000).
(Annual Supplements in 1998 an 1999)
- Stuntz, William J., Ronald J. Allen & Richard B. Kuhns. Constitutional Criminal Procedure (Little, Brown & Co. 3rd edition ed. 1995).
Joseph L. Hoffmann
B.A. at Harvard College, 1978
J.D. at University of Washington, 1984
- House v. Bell and the Death of Innocence, in DEATH PENALTY STORIES (John H. Blume and Jordan M. Steiker, Eds.). New York: Foundation Press, 2009.
- Rethinking the Federal Role in State Criminal Justice (with Nancy J. King), 84 NEW YORK UNIVERSITY LAW REVIEW 791 (2009).
- Envisioning Post-Conviction Review for the 21st Century (with Nancy J. King), 78 MISSISSIPPI LAW JOURNAL 433 (2008).
- Comprehensive Criminal Procedure, 2nd ed. (with Ronald Jay Allen, et al.). New York: Aspen, 2005. Also: Supplements 2007, 2008.
- "The 'Cruel and Unusual Punishment Clause': A Limit on the Power to Punish or Constitutional Rhetoric?," in The Bill of Rights in Modern America (Indiana University Press, Bloomington, IN: 2nd Ed. 2007) (D. Bodenhamer & J. Ely, Jr., eds.).
- "Protecting the Innocent: The Massachusetts Governor's Council Report," 95 J. of Crim. L. & Criminology 561 (2005) (symposium issue on innocence and the death penalty).
- "Substance and Procedure in Capital Cases: Why Federal Habeas Courts Should Review the Merits of Every Death Sentence," 78 Texas L.Rev. 1771 (2000) (federal courts symposium issue)
- "Where's the Buck? Juror Misperception of Sentencing Responsibility in Capital Cases," 70 Indiana L.J. 1137 (1995) (Capital Jury Project symposium issue).
- "Habeas After the Revolution," 1993 Supreme Court Review 65 (1994) (co-authored with Stuntz).
- "The Supreme Court's New Vision of Federal Habeas Corpus for State Prisoners," 1989 Supreme Court Review 165.