About the Book
The First Amendment
Geoffrey R. Stone, University of Chicago
Louis M. Seidman, Georgetown University
Cass R. Sunstein, University of Chicago
Mark V. Tushnet, Harvard University
Pamela S. Karlan, Stanford University
2012. 888 pages. Paperback. ISBN: 1-4548-0706-7. With Teacherís Manual.
About the Book
A powerhouse in the field, The First Amendment provides comprehensive treatment of the freedoms of speech, press and religion. A highly respected group of authors, distinguished for both teaching and scholarship, combines doctrinal, historical, and theoretical approaches in a rigorous and creative presentation of this essential area of constitutional law. The First Amendment has been developed from the authorsí highly successful Constitutional Law, now in its sixth edition, and includes a great many problems to stimulate debate and reinforce learning among students.
The Fourth Edition has been thoroughly updated with new case and materials throughout.
Hallmark features of The First Amendment:
o covers the freedoms of speech, press, and religion
o combines doctrinal, historical, and theoretical approaches
- A highly respected team of authors distinguished for both teaching and scholarship
- Developed from the teamís highly successful Constitutional Law, now in its six edition
- Includes numerous problems to stimulate debate and reinforce learning
- 75/25 split between freedom of expression and freedom of religion
Thoroughly updated, the revised Fourth Edition presents:
- New and updated cases and materials throughout