About the Book
Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies
Amy E. Sloan, University of Baltimore
2009. 400 pages. ISBN13: 978-0-7355-7672-8.
With Teacher’s Manual and PowerPoint Slides.
Follow this link for the Basic Legal Research Workbook website
About the Book
With so many texts available for legal research courses, how does Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies maintain its best-selling status? …By concentrating on fundamental skills and offering premium teaching support for professors and students.
Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies, leads the field with:
- accessible, clear, step-by-step instruction on the basics of legal research
- a building-block approach that breaks the material into discrete, easily digested parts
- self-contained chapters on research sources that can easily adapt to a variety of teaching objectives
- organization within each chapter that allows professors to choose how much emphasis to place on print and electronic research
- helpful end-of-chapter checklists, clear examples, and summary charts that support comprehension and memory
- sample pages and examples of research sources throughout—a preview of what students will encounter in practice
- an accompanying workbook featuring practice exercises for use with the text
- Teacher’s Manual and PowerPoint slides
Updated and revised, the Fourth Edition offers:
- updated research materials and instruction
- increased focus on electronic research to maintain the right balance of print and electronic coverage
- new print sample pages and electronic screen shots
- interactive exercises and other new exercises on TeachingLaw.com
Comprehensive coverage, a proven methodology for learning, and generous teaching support—that’s what makes Basic Legal Research: Tools and Strategies a leading text in its field.