About the Book
Negotiation: Appropriate Process and Problem Solving 2E
Carrie Menkel-Meadow, Georgetown University Law Center
Lela P. Love, Yeshiva University
Andrea K. Kupfer-Schneider, Marquette University
2013. 600 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-0262-4.
With Teacherís Manual.
About the Book
Mediation: Practice, Policy, and Ethics provides a comprehensive and current introduction to the world of mediation, including law and policy, case examples, and practice guidelines for mediators and attorney representatives. Leading scholars and award-winning teachers in the field present critiques of mediation as well as its promise and potential. Their practical, problem-solving approach includes both analytical and behavioral approaches in varying gender, race, and cultural contexts. The text can be used for lawyer-mediators, lawyer-representatives in mediation, and non-lawyer mediators. An extensive Teacherís Manual offers suggested syllabi, teaching notes, simulations, discussion pointers, and exam and paper suggestions for each chapter.
The Second Edition showcases recent case developments in mediation and adds selections from the latest law review and practical writings on new forms and applications of the processes. New material on cultural diversity also includes coverage of international and intercultural mediation. New problem sets appear in the text, and new simulations are found in the Teacher's Manual.
Hallmark features of Mediation: Practice, Policy, and Ethics:
- comprehensive current coverage of mediation
- law and policy
- case examples
- practice guidelines for mediators and attorney representatives
- authors are leading scholars and award-winning teachers in this area
- presents critiques of mediation as well as its promise and potential
- practical, problem-solving approach
- both analytical and behavioral approaches
- varying gender, race, and cultural contexts
- can be used across the field
- lawyer-representatives in mediation
- non-lawyer mediators
- extensive Teacherís Manual
- suggested syllabi
- teaching notes
- discussion pointers
- exam and paper suggestions for each chapter
Thoroughly updated, the revised Second Edition presents:
- recent case developments in mediation and related processes
- selections from latest law review and practical writings on new forms and applications of mediation processes
- new materials on cultural diversity and international and intercultural mediation
- new problem sets in text and new simulations in Teacher's Manual