About the Book
Fundamentals of Counterterrorism
S.J. Quinney College of Law, University of Utah
2008. 180 pages. Paperback. ISBN: 978-0-7355-7163-1.
For related news and updates, links to pertinent blogs, and information about author Amos Guiora's speaking engagements, see the Companion Website for Global Perspectives on Counterterrorism.
About the Book
Fundamentals of Counterterrorism addresses the multiple issues surrounding counterterrorism from a legal and policy perspective with a comparative international focus. This concise paperback is the perfect complement to courses that address International Law, International Criminal Law, National Security, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, or Military Studies.
Author Amos Guiora writes and lectures extensively on counterterrorism, global perspectives of counterterrorism, terror financing, and international law and morality in armed conflict. Having served in senior positions for 19 years in the Israel Defense Forces Judge Advocate General's Corps, Guiora is frequently quoted as an expert in his field by CNN, The Washington Post, PBS, The New York Times, and others.
Fundamentals of Counterterrorism features:
- Concise and expert analysis of issues pertaining to terrorism
- Broad topical coverage including
• what is terrorism
• what motivates terrorists
• terrorism and geo-politics
• the limits of power
• terrorism and the media
• state-sponsored terrorism
• where terrorists are to be tried
• terrorism and the separation of powers
- An interdisciplinary approach, reflective of the nature of terrorism itself, which encompasses a broad range of fields and disciplines
For intelligent analysis and concise coverage, you can't find a more current or authoritative source than Amos Guiora's Fundamentals of Counterterrorism. Exceed the limits of your casebook; adopt this exciting new paperback by one of the world's foremost experts on counterterrorism.