About the Book
Experiential Legal Research: Sources, Strategies, and Citation
Diana R. Donahoe
Georgetown Law Center
2011. 384 pages. ISBN: 978-0-7355-9835-5. With Teacher's Manual.
About the Book
- Takes a clear, straightforward approach to research sources and strategies plus to citation (ALWD and Bluebook styles) and grammar.
- Covers 1L material including finding federal and state statutes and cases, using secondary sources, and strategies for effective and efficient research; also covers upper-class courses with materials on administrative law and legislative history.
- Breaks down the research process into manageable tasks, discussing strategies for the process and presenting specific strategies for each legal source, including specifics on updating the law.
- Uses hypothetical fact patterns and case briefs to illustrate research plans and strategies.
- Provides maps, diagrams, text boxes, and tables to summarize material and provide visual interest.
- Instructs through annotated facsimiles and screen shots of a wide variety of law and research sources.
- Provides abundant, thorough study aid materials
- Quick References and Checklists: reinforce and test studentsí understanding of the material
- Quizzes and Self-Assessments: allow students and teachers to test studentsí understanding of the material
- Exercises: for use as in-class to reinforce the readings, such as exercises on case analogies, statutory interpretation, conciseness, and citation
- Teacherís Manual provides teaching tips and answer keys.