About the Book
The Law Governing Lawyers: Model Rules, Standards, Statutes, and State Lawyer Rules of Professional Conduct, 2016-2017 Edition
Susan R. Martyn
University of Toledo
Lawrence J. Fox
Yale Law School
W. Bradley Wendel
2016. 336 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-7537-6.
About the Book
Providing full coverage of all the model rules, standards, and statutes pertaining to the law governing lawyers, The Law Governing Lawyers: Model Rules, Standards, Statutes, and State Lawyer Rules of Professional Conduct, 2016-2017 Edition, with its companion website, is an ideal reference source for any course on professional responsibility or legal ethics.
Reach for THE LAW GOVERNING LAWYERS: 2016-2017 STATUTORY SUPPLEMENT to have all of these resources at your disposal:
• Companion website featuring links to each jurisdiction’s Rules of Professional Conduct and access to an electronic version of this supplement.
• An introduction to understanding and finding the law governing lawyers
• Correlation tables showing the ABA Model Rules and related Model Code Provisions
• Charts comparing state rule of professional conduct provisions on fee agreements, confidentiality exceptions, and screening requirements
• The Restatement (Third) of the Law Governing Lawyers (2000), black letter, plus extensive edited comments and illustrations
• A conversion table illustrating Final Restatement sections and drafts
• The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Regulations and other selected federal statutes, regulations, and rules of procedure
• 2011 ABA Model Code of Judicial Conduct
The updated 2016-2017 Edition offers:
• Federal Rules of Evidence - Rule 502
• 2016 ABA Model Rules of Professional Conduct