About the Book
International Trade Law: Problems, Cases, and Materials, 3E
Daniel C. K. Chow
The Ohio State University
Thomas J. Schoenbaum
The University of Washington
2017. 708 pages. ISBN: 978-1-4548-5797-6.
Click here to access the Second Edition.
About the Book
Thanks to its manageable size, problem-based presentation, and accessible writing style, International Trade Law is one of the most comprehensive and student-friendly trade law texts on the market. It is the only international trade casebook that systematically covers all GATT articles and WTO side agreements, and offers clear explanations of how WTO obligations are implemented in the U.S. and the EU.
While retaining the basic format of prior editions, the Third Edition is fully updated and includes new developments, such as a section on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement. Although this edition is one of the most concise on the market, we have included over 70 principal cases, including leading cases from the WTO, the GATT (pre-WTO), US federal court cases and EU court cases. This edition covers the entire corpus of trade law in comprehensive fashion.
Hallmark features of International Trade Law:
- Manageable size and accessible style make this one of the most student-friendly trade law texts available.
- Complete coverage of the GATT—the only book to systematically cover all GATT articles together with all WTO side agreements.
- Coverage focused on trade of goods.
- Additional coverage of trade in services, technology, and foreign direct investment.
- An emphasis on civil society issues such as the environment, human rights, and development as they relate to international trade.
- Clear explanations of WTO obligations and their implementation in the U.S. and EU.
- Effective short problems and hypotheticals.
- Compelling, up-to-date cases.
- Comprehensive Teacher’s Manual offering detailed advice and answers to problems.
Thoroughly updated, the revised Third Edition offers:
- Updated to include new developments, such as a section on the proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement
- Comprehensive but concise coverage of WTO law and US free trade agreements
- Over 70 principal trade cases, including leading cases from the WTO, the GATT (pre-WTO), US federal court cases and EU court cases
- Pithy and concise notes